In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and its regulations and as part of our commitment in the protection of your privacy, which includes any individual and/or body corporate for which personal data and/or information that has been and/or will be collected and processed by us in relation to all types or nature of transactions and/or arrangements, AIESEC Malaysia Association (“AIESEC“, “we“, “us” or “our“) have formulated this policy in order to inform you of your rights with regards to the collection and processing of your personal data and/or information.
1. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR INFORMATION
We have collected and will collect your personal data and/or information to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with AIESEC, including but not limited to its employee(s) and/or any permitted/authorized person(s). Your personal data allow us to achieve the
purpose in Clause 3 herein.
2. DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR INFORMATION
The personal data and/or information that you will provide may include but not limited to your name, age, identity card number or passport number or company number, address of correspondence, including office address, gender, date of birth, marital status, details of childen and/or guardian(s), occupation, income
range, contact information, including e-mail address, mobile number, house number, fascimile number, and office number, details of credit or debit card, details of dependants and/or family members, race, religion and nationality.
The collection and processing of personal data and/or information including but not limited to the following purposes:
a) Agreements and Arrangements
• All types or different nature of transactions which lead to the entry into necessary agreements, contracts, programme application, event registration, memorandum and/or arrangements that are incidental and ancillary to the services provided by us;
• Credit assessments and other background checks as deemed necessary or appropriate by us;
• Collection of outstanding payments from you under the agreements;
• Delivery of notice, documents, forms, and other documents under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements; and
• Necessary performance of other obligations under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements.
• To communicate or liaise with you in relation to the services for which you have engaged us;
• To address queries and/or respond to your requests and/or comments; and
• To process with any program application and event registration.
c) Internal Record & External (Marketing)
• Marketing of our services to you whether present or future;
• For purposes relating to any of the above, including but not limited to research, benchmarking and statistical analysis;
• Internal record keeping; and
• Manage staff training and quality assurance.
d) Legal Compliance
• Compliance to any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our services/ products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any associated, subsidiary, related companies of our group; and
• Investigation, response and defend claims against AIESEC.
The sources that we may obtain your personal data and/or information including but not limited to booking forms, registration forms, online forms, name cards, or any identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily through website, mobile phone and/or call centre, and business directory(ies) or listing(s) that you have subscribed to share your information, or through our communication and interaction with you by other means, or from relevant third parties and from information which may be available in the public domain.
Generally, your personal data and/or information with us will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
a) Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers as we deem necessary and appropriate;
b) Any third party deal in general with our services in connection with our programs or events; and
c) Any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
6. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
It is obligatory for you to supply your personal data and/or information to us in the most accurate manner. Failing which, we are unable to process your personal data and/or information on your behalf and for the purpose stated in Clause 3 herein and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
a) Right to request access to personal data and/or information
• You are entitled to request access to your personal data and/or information that is processed by us with reasonable notice and upon a the payment of a prescribed fee.
b) Right to request correction of personal data
• You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data and/or information that is held by us with reasonable notice and upon payment of a prescribed fee. With respect to this, you may:
i. request correction and/or update of your personal data and/or information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of date; and
ii. request retention of your personal data and/or information only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose stated in Clause 3 herein.
c) Rights to limit processing of your personal data
• You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data and/or information by expressly withdrawing in full, your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
If you intend to exercise your rights in Clause 7 or to make inquiries or complaints regarding your personal data and/or information, our policy and procedure in relation to processing of your personal data and/or information, you may contact our representative as follows:
Name : AIESEC in Malaysia
Contact : +603-78871624
Email Address : email@example.com
Postal Address : Block E-51-2, Zenith Corporate Park, Jalan SS7/26, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
9. YOUR ACCEPTANCE AND CONSENT
By continuing to use our website at www.aiesec.my and continuing your relationship with us, you are deemed to accept the terms of this policy. We will continue to handle and process your personal data and/or information in accordance with this policy unless we hear otherwise from you.
10. REVISION AND AMENDMENTS
We may revise, update, modify or amend the terms of this policy at any time without prior notice to you, by placing the updated version of it on the website. By continuing to use our website and continuing your relationship with us without any written objection following the revision, modification or amendment to this policy, you signify your acceptance of this policy. You are encouraged and advised to check our website on a regular basis in order to stay informed for any changes and about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this policy periodically and become aware of modifications.